
To my sweet Vince,
Happy half birthday! I'd like to say six months crept up on me, but watching you grow so much week after week has been a constant reminder of how fast time is passing. It feels like yesterday that I read that little plus sign on a pregnancy test, and now here you are, a tiny person full of life.
You are, without a doubt, the smiliest baby I know. All we have to do is walk in the room, look at you, make a sound in your direction, and your face lights up with a large, gummy, round-cheeked smile. It is glorious! This month you've really gotten mobile. You spend a lot of time on your belly these days, spinning around to reach toys or stretching for a handful of your sister's hair. Each month you and Grace grow more and more in love. Grace loves to be around you and has taken to calling you "little marshmallow," much to our delight. You are soft and round and squishy and delicious, so the name fits. She loves to bring you toys, to talk to you in a sing-song voice, and to help you discover new things. You are an enthusiastic eater. You sing for your rice cereal and I can't wait to get started on fruits and vegetables. A whole world of flavor awaits, my little man! Next thing I know you'll be pounding down salmon with Grace.
You and Grace are my anchor. You give me motivation and a purpose to just breathe and be. When I start to question things or feel anxiety about the unknown, I think about my sweet babies. You are what it is to know greater meaning. To feel all encompassing love, to do anything to protect a pure spirit and perfect little body.
Life is good with you in it, we love you to the moon!
Life is good with you in it, we love you to the moon!
The world is yours, Vince.
Love,
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment