Monday, August 3, 2009

weekendness . . .

Friday afternoon/evening we went and enjoyed the amenities at the Country Club again . . . the tent/personal bounce house was a favorite. Jake was doing some awesome flips into it. The chef made some amazing burgers with cheese inside . . . yummmmmmmmy. Saturday was the wedding . . . this is what we could see from our front porch. Cars parked on the lawn and a little bit of the tent.

The wedding was lovely . . . we haven't been to one in awhile . . . Coreen was absolutely stunning. Kinda neat to go to a wedding the day before our anniversary . . . I was giving Tom lots of extra squeezes during the ceremony because I was remembering back to our wedding 7 years ago. Grace had a ton of fun . . . I told Tom she was a little too young yet to be standing on the bar though. In one picture she is leading me to the dance floor. At one point, the power went out (still not sure why). Tom ran across the road and got the generator and hooked it up. High excitement, I tell you.

One other tidbit . . . I drank 3 beers during the reception. Yes, you read that right folks. That is more than I have drank in 10 years (since the fateful graduation-eve night). It was h-o-t, the punch was gone, I'd already run home and gotten a Pepsi and drank that . . . so it was either hard alcohol or beer. Let me tell you . . . the beer tasted pretty darn refreshing. My husband was shocked. :)

And . . . I know I have made this decree MANY times before, but I think it really is time to get serious about getting the Gracester to sleep in her crib. Her little body hasn't touched the sheets of the crib in MONTHS. I was shocked when I laid her down in there just now and she stayed asleep . . . so of course I had to take a few pictures.

Reminded me of these pictures from the end of September last year . . . she was almost 4 months old.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a stunningly beautiful little girl... it's no wonder Wayne has been chanting "Baby Grace" ALL DAY LONG! Hmm.. more than likely it has less to do with her good looks and more to do with her partying ways!

Kate said...

I LOVE the pics of miss Gracie in her crib... aren't they so incredibly precious when they are sleeping?! glad you all are enjoying your summer so far!