Thursday, August 27, 2009

Birch Bay . . .

For the last 5 summers or so, we have stayed out at the "villa" . . . my aunt's Birch Bay beach house. Last year we decided instead of staying just 2 or 3 nights, we should stay a WHOLE week. When it got down to it, I was thinking "a whole week? that's a long time." Let me tell you . . . we LOVED every second of it.

Monday night . . . Grace couldn't stay out of the water.
Grace had to learn the word "gentle" while playing with Max . . . she loves her some babies, and it's even better when they are "real" and not dolls! Tuesday morning we went for a beach walk . . . A couple weeks ago, I made Grace some homemade play-dough. She wasn't really that into it, so I saved it to take out to the bay. I think Grandma had more fun playing with it than the kids did though . . . G for Grace, M for Max and J for Jake. Grubby, happy little girl . . . This is what you call a redneck bathtub . . . Which can also become a redneck ride . . . Jake took us on lots of "boat rides" . . . I'm sure this time they were heading over the Sol Duc river on the way to Forks. Wednesday morning . . . We went for another beach walk, and then Grace and I headed to the fair (those pictures to come later)so we'll fast forward to Thursday night. Jen's sister-in-law came out to take some family pictures (I'll post those later too)YAY! The Mt. Vernon Jones's are here! Friday:
Grace and Jake watching Grandpa kill bees outside . . . Hooray for the hot tub!Tom got there early Friday afternoon and we all went to the Pt. Whitehorn Marine Reserve. It was a long, pretty hike down to the water . . . Grace's lucky day . . . a PUPPY walked by!Crazy enough, the chef from G&G's Country Club happened to be staying at the Villa as well, so we had goooooooooooooood food all week long. Yes, I even got in the hot tub. Mostly because I had held Grace off from going in it until Friday night and I couldn't hold her back any longer . . . The only hard part of the week was getting all the kinds to wind down at the same time to go to sleep . . . as you can see, Grace wasn't in the "winding down" kind of mood here. One of my favorite pictures from the week . . . Grace and Grandpa reading the paper on Saturday morning. Have I told you how much Grace LOVES her Grandpa? Now do you see why I cried when we had to leave?

1 comment:

Anne said...

YAY! I have been waiting for these! We had SO MUCH FUN! It's good to look back at the fun we had and keep these memories close to our hearts this week as we head back to work. I'll be thinking about you...=)