Sunday, May 3, 2009

the mother-load . . .

I took a mother-load of pictures today at Mom and Dad's . . .

Grace reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanted to go outside . . .
Would have been cuter if she didn't have the terrified look on her face . . . Grandma and all her kids . . . Happy (early) Mother's Day, Mom! WE LOVE YOU!All the Moms . . . Jake LOVED Grandma's blueberry dessert . . .

Of course I have to talk about my Gracie-girl for a minute . . . I think this might be my favorite stage . . . she's this perfect mix of baby and toddler right now. She's into EVERYTHING and already throwing mini tantrums when something is taken away from her, but then she's SUCH a baby, wanting to be held and coddled all the time too.

And it's as if she woke up this morning and decided crawling was for babies . . . even though she is one. She's really starting to get the hang of it . . . really "walking" instead of just taking steps. She will be standing up in the middle of the room and then head toward whatever catches her eye at the moment. Her first steps were on April 5th and a month later, she's walking. She is too smart for her own good sometimes, constantly taking things in and then spewing back the information to us. Mom, Dad and Tom all heard it today . . . she said "Grandpa", she has started to dance if she hears music, she will copy what you do . . .

2 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE that you guys do so many family activities! Enjoy your Gracie girl, she's precious!

Unknown said...

Now, as long as we're all "keepin' up with the Jones'", I think the DeHoog's should add another friend for Grace to make it an even 6 grandkids by next mother's day!