Monday, May 18, 2009

birch bay, birch bay, we LOVE birch bay!

Tom and MaryLou invited us out to the Bay yesterday afternoon . . . count us IN! Grace fell asleep on the way home from lunch at Grandma DeHoog's, we dropped Daddy off at home (those darn pigs kept him home), I ran in and grabbed our stuff, and Grace woke up at the BEACH!

Didn't know if Grace would like the sand . . . She does! Watch the progression of dirt-i-ness starting about here . . . Yes Mommy, I DO love Birch Bay!Where can I go next?Grandma Jones says the caption on this one should be, "Tastes good ,Gracie, try it!" Heading for a tide pool . . .Way funner than a tubby . . . After sticking her in the shower and halfway getting in myself . . . she's all cleaned up. 3 tubby's later and we're still finding sand.
I think I could spend my whole life out at Birch Bay . . . well, at least all summer. Here's hoping we get out there LOTS this summer. Thank you Tom and MaryLou for the fabulous afternoon.

3 comments:

Marlea said...

I LOVE IT!!! I am very happy to see you allow your little precious one to get totally dirty and have a blast! You can always get clean later!
The last picture is just to sweet! her walking away...so big!!!
So now that she is almost one...when is the next bundle of DeHoog joy arriving???

Heidi Young said...

I cannot believe I'm seeing these pictures. She's dirty from head to toe and you're both loving it. Way to go! It's the only way to have fun as a kid. These are priceless. Party on Gracie. Get a little dirtier for me. ;)

Dana Lohrer said...

I wished I had your ability to allow my kids to get dirty like that!!! I am such a party pooper! Well, I am getting better! Now that we have Jackson I have let things go a little!!! I am working on it! I don't know why I am that way, b/c I LOVED getting dirty when I was little! The pictures are priceless!!! I so can't wait to see Grace and see her live and in action!!! She is so adorable and precious!!! LOVING EVERY MOMENT OF HER LIFE!!!