
Dear Grace,
It is so hard to believe that I need to be planning your 1st birthday party for a month from today. Thinking back on this last year I have realized that since I had you, special life moments and events seem to be extra sharp and slowed down while they are occurring. At least once or twice every day I say to myself, "remember how you are feeling, what you are seeing, don't blink too fast or you'll miss something." Since having you, my happiest moments are more joyful and sad times are almost unbearable. Becoming a mom has made me painfully emotional sometimes as I think of someone we love who is without someone they love. I know how fiercely I love you and it is excruciating to think of a day without you. I couldn't have known how much love you would add to our life and home. I couldn't have dreamed up bigger eyes or a cuter smile or a more perfect nose. I had no idea your skin would be so soft, you hair so silky, or that your laughter could make my heart almost burst.
A few of this month's stats:
Weight: approximately 22.4 pounds
Your sleep habits: No change since last month . . . although since you are playing so hard during the day, you are ready to go to bed earlier. You usually take a nap in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon. You go to bed anytime between 8:00-10:00 and sleep all night with us.
Your eating habits: You are still nursing on demand and eating 2-3 meals a day and some snacks. You prefer to eat what we are eating and sit on our lap while you do it!
Your favorite things: BOOKS! You love to look at books . . . by yourself or with someone, you love to turn the pages, point to things, and “talk” to them. You love to put things “in” and “out” of something, especially the stuff in your diaper bag, your toys in the basket and the pieces in your puzzle. You love to watch other kids when we are out and about.
Other random info: You “talk” all day long . . . we are starting to hear some words . . . “what’s that?”, “duck”, “num num”, you are waving bye-bye, you love to click your tongue, you nod yes, you have finally gotten the hang of holding the sippy cup, you give kisses and hugs, you can roll a ball, copy what we do, play peek-a-boo, dance when you hear music, and say “ooooooooooooooo” if you are excited about something. You are throwing some pretty good “fits” these days if you don’t get what you want, but most times we can distract you and you move on to the next thing. You are walking more and more everyday and are starting to try and walk when you want to get somewhere instead of dropping down and crawling. You usually take 3 or 4 steps, fall and then crawl.
Things to remember about March. . . you took your first steps on Sunday, April 5th, Mommy was on Spring Break for a week, we got to help celebrate cousin Cash’s 1st birthday, we got your pictures taken at Sears, we went to an Easter Egg Hunt at the Sumas Park and Auntie Angie was the bunny, we celebrated your first Easter, and spent lots of time playing outside.
It is a gift to be able to be the people who get to hold you, hug you, see you crawl and walk and grow and laugh and roll around and bounce and then smother you with as many kisses as you will tolerate every day.
I love that you’re mine forever.
Happy eleven months, baby girl.
xoxo,
Mom
It is so hard to believe that I need to be planning your 1st birthday party for a month from today. Thinking back on this last year I have realized that since I had you, special life moments and events seem to be extra sharp and slowed down while they are occurring. At least once or twice every day I say to myself, "remember how you are feeling, what you are seeing, don't blink too fast or you'll miss something." Since having you, my happiest moments are more joyful and sad times are almost unbearable. Becoming a mom has made me painfully emotional sometimes as I think of someone we love who is without someone they love. I know how fiercely I love you and it is excruciating to think of a day without you. I couldn't have known how much love you would add to our life and home. I couldn't have dreamed up bigger eyes or a cuter smile or a more perfect nose. I had no idea your skin would be so soft, you hair so silky, or that your laughter could make my heart almost burst.
A few of this month's stats:
Weight: approximately 22.4 pounds
Your sleep habits: No change since last month . . . although since you are playing so hard during the day, you are ready to go to bed earlier. You usually take a nap in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon. You go to bed anytime between 8:00-10:00 and sleep all night with us.
Your eating habits: You are still nursing on demand and eating 2-3 meals a day and some snacks. You prefer to eat what we are eating and sit on our lap while you do it!
Your favorite things: BOOKS! You love to look at books . . . by yourself or with someone, you love to turn the pages, point to things, and “talk” to them. You love to put things “in” and “out” of something, especially the stuff in your diaper bag, your toys in the basket and the pieces in your puzzle. You love to watch other kids when we are out and about.
Other random info: You “talk” all day long . . . we are starting to hear some words . . . “what’s that?”, “duck”, “num num”, you are waving bye-bye, you love to click your tongue, you nod yes, you have finally gotten the hang of holding the sippy cup, you give kisses and hugs, you can roll a ball, copy what we do, play peek-a-boo, dance when you hear music, and say “ooooooooooooooo” if you are excited about something. You are throwing some pretty good “fits” these days if you don’t get what you want, but most times we can distract you and you move on to the next thing. You are walking more and more everyday and are starting to try and walk when you want to get somewhere instead of dropping down and crawling. You usually take 3 or 4 steps, fall and then crawl.
Things to remember about March. . . you took your first steps on Sunday, April 5th, Mommy was on Spring Break for a week, we got to help celebrate cousin Cash’s 1st birthday, we got your pictures taken at Sears, we went to an Easter Egg Hunt at the Sumas Park and Auntie Angie was the bunny, we celebrated your first Easter, and spent lots of time playing outside.
It is a gift to be able to be the people who get to hold you, hug you, see you crawl and walk and grow and laugh and roll around and bounce and then smother you with as many kisses as you will tolerate every day.
I love that you’re mine forever.
Happy eleven months, baby girl.
xoxo,
Mom
1 comment:
Every month...Every single month you make me cry. How beautiful your words are. How much you love that girl.
It really is amazing how emotional having kids can make you.
Grace is a very lucky girl to have a mom so head over heals in love with her!
Post a Comment