Wednesday, August 27, 2008

too cool for school no more . . .

Dang you, country music. I was doing OK this morning . . . I fed Gracie, got her back to sleep, pumped, showered, loaded everything in the car and ran out the door . . . only about 5 minutes behind the "schedule" (a nonexistent word in my life these days) I'd hoped for. I turned on the radio, which decided it hated me and played that Billy Ray/Miley Cyrus "Ready, Set, Don't Go" song . . . and then I lost it. I didn't even make it out of the driveway before I was sobbing. I've done fine leaving her every other time, but those were for "meetings" and it didn't seem real yet that this was going to be our everyday routine. Today . . . the routine started. That said, I think I've held it together pretty well today since then. Only a few more hours to go. OK, like 4, but who's counting other than me? And there went summer . . .
Eileen took this "first day of school" picture when I dropped Gracie off this morning.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You can do it! It never gets easier - you just get more used to it. We get kind of attached to those lil people of ours!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there babe. You two are adorable. :)