Wednesday, August 6, 2008

2 Months old . . .


Dear Grace,

My sweet baby girl . . . I fall more in love with you every day. You have started smiling more and more at us and cooing and it melts my heart. Yesterday I was looking at pictures of you when you first came home from the hospital and I can’t believe how much you have changed since then. Your thighs are getting chubby, you hair has gotten so much lighter . . . you definitely look like a baby now, not a newborn. This is going to sound really selfish, but I love it that sometimes you just need your mama. I love it when you start crying (or screaming) and all I have to do is pick you up and love on you and whisper in your ear and you are as calm as can be. I still can't believe that I am lucky enough to have my own sweet, precious, healthy baby girl.

We have some big things happening this month . . . we have talked to Pastor Chuck about getting you baptized and I am going to go back to work at the end of the month. I can't imagine leaving you right now, but I know that your Grandma's will love you to pieces while you are with them.

A few of this month's stats:

Weight: I will fill this in when we go for your 2 month check up on Tuesday

Your sleep habits: This changes from day to day! We still don’t have a “routine” or “schedule” and since you seem to be fine with that, so am I. You sleep whenever you want to. At night, you are going for longer stretches and usually only wake up once to eat. You still prefer to sleep on top of or beside me, but most nights you sleep in the swing. In this hot weather we’ve been having, you are sleeping a lot of the day away.

Your eating habits: You usually eat every two to two and a half hours during the day, again, we have no schedule so this can vary. Sometimes you want more, sometimes less. Last week (7/28//08) we tried the bottle thing . . . and much to my relief . . . you like it! I've been pumping every day, trying to get milk stockpiled for when I go back to work. Most nights Daddy feeds you a bottle and he absolutely LOVES doing it.

Your favorite things: THE SWING! You are addicted to it and spend a lot of time in it while I am making dinner, cleaning, watering plants, etc. You have started to notice the mirror on it and look at yourself in it and smile. You are liking the bath more and more these days. You have a love/hate relationship with the pacifier . . . I hadn’t tried giving it to you in a long time, but did while we were in Penticton and you loved it. But as soon as we got home, you wanted nothing to do with it.

Your least favorite things: Being too hot . . . your little face breaks out and you get all sweaty.

Other random info: I washed all your 3-6 month clothes and you are gradually wearing more and more of them, although a lot of your 0-3 month clothes still fit. You are too long for any of the 0-3 pajamas anymore. You are in size 1-2 diapers but are getting close to moving to the next size. I’ve been putting “product” in your hair for awhile now and love the little curl on the top of your head. We left you for the first time on August 3rd with Grandma Jones while we went to the Emergency Room for Daddy’s broken foot. Grandma said you were an angel, sucked down a bottle and a half and didn’t fuss a bit. Some fun things we did this month . . . one last baby shower, had our first “girls weekend” while Dad was gone to the drag races in Seattle, got your 1 month pictures taken at Sears, went to Birch Bay with Grandma Jessie, Grandma Eileen, Aunt Angie, Maddie, Teddy, Aunt Barb, Allie and Aubree, visited your first foreign country (Canada) when we went to Penticton with the Jones’s and had lots of fun time with your cousins Jake and Emily.

Grace, I get nervous when I think about how much God trusts us to send us one of His precious little angels . . . you. When I start hyperventilating and feel the oxygen leaving my brain, it helps me to remember what I've learned from the Gospel. Number one: Our Heavenly Father is perfect, so that means He is a perfect father, and He is my perfect Father and He can't make mistakes . . . so making me a mother isn't a mistake. Number two: Knowing our Heavenly Father is a perfect father gives me peace, because I know I can always go to Him to get perfect advice on how to be the best mother I can be. Every day I pray that you will know and love the strong, amazing, good God that your Dad and I and all our family knows.

Grace, you have already changed our lives forever. You are the sweetest, most beautiful baby we have ever met. You are incredibly kissable, rarely cry and are so easy to love. I can't wait to walk beside you in this life. May you always know you can trust your Daddy and me. I love you.

Happy 2 month birthday, my little sweet pea.

xoxo,
Mom

1 comment:

Dana Lohrer said...

Melting this mother's heart! What a precious baby girl you and Tom have! Wow, she has changed so much! Yes, she isn't a newborn anymore! So Tom has a broken foot? So how did that happen? I love that she sleeps on you. I remember Jaycee doing that as well! Now she is so big she barely fits anymore! Makes me sad! Looks like you are enjoying every moment as you should be! It is so wondeful to know that our Heavenly Father is always there and what a peace it brings! Love you guys! See you in a few weeks!