Sunday, February 3, 2008

Stop. Collaborate and Listen.

Forgot to post these . . . we celebrated my Grandpa's 75th birthday last Sunday. Thanks for the pictures Amy! And yes . . . he got all 75 candles blown out!

Yesterday, my cousin Annie organized a horse show for her senior project in memory of my uncle (her dad) who passed away from brain cancer in September. The Doug Lagerwey Memorial Benefit Show was a huge success and raised a lot of money for a little boy who is battling leukemia.

The concession stand is open and ready for business!


Go Annie, go! Woo hoo Sheila!Alison, Kristie and JulieMy cousin Maria made this cake for the Silent Auction

Annie, Kristie and AhLanaAnnie, Kristie and JakeGrandpa and Jake . . . Grandpa is wearing cowboy boots! Annie and SheilaIt was a really fun day . . . lots and lots and lots of hard work by Annie and Sheila.

We went to a another fun event last night . . . a benefit at a restaurant here in Sumas that has been closed for 15 years, but is rented out occasionally for special events. It was the people watching event of the year . . . do you concur with me, Heidi? Seriously . . . it was a hoot. Got to catch up with a lot of people that I hadn't seen in a loooooooong time.

I'm hoping it will be a calm week at school this week . . . for only having three days of school last week, it was a bugger. I counted and I had 9 meetings in 3 days that were before, during or after school. They eat up all my planning time and then I wind up rushing to get things planned for the day and inevitably, forget something. I also had to be gone a 1/2 day for 2 of those meetings and when my group of kiddos has a "guest teacher" they go ape sh**. Pardon the language, but any change in routine is incredibly difficult for them to handle. Apparently, a snow day, a guest teacher, and a real teacher who was frazzled all in one week, were more than they could handle.

Hmmm . . . I guess that's about it. Looking forward to Friday . . . the big 20 week ultrasound!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be ready for the temptation at the big ultrasound! Kyle and I had to lean on eachother a LOT to not find out but as soon as we were outta there we were happy we didn't cave in! Be prepared to hear "turn your heads" a bunch so you don't see anything you're not supposed to see on the monitor. How exciting! Yay for Baby D - which reminds me - any name ideas yet??? Let me know!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures of the riding show. I was so sad to miss it! Dad said Jake had an absolute great time.

Mudda