Monday, April 4, 2011

BEST friends.

Ohhhhhhhhh, I can't tell you how much FUN we had this day. We ventured down to see Heidi and Maya last Monday.

We picked up our nanny/co-pilot/Grandma for the day (Heidi's Mom, Kathi) and trucked on down to Sammamish . . . Tom called before we left and said they got stuck for an hour on the freeway because of an accident, but he thought for sure it would be cleared up by the time we went through. NO SUCH LUCK. We sat at the Bow Hill exit for about an hour . . . STOPPED. I could have turned the car off because we didn't move an inch. Luckily, Grace just yakked our ears off the whole time and Vince slept. After that it was smooth sailing and we were so EXCITED to get to Baby Maya's house!
What a DOLL. The drum was a BIG hit. Grace is hoping the Easter Bunny will bring her one. :)This picture makes my heart MELT. So crazy to think of Heidi and I, 24 years ago as little first grade BEST friends and now our kids are playing together. This is why I don't make new friends well . . . I love the history that we have and I know I don't have to explain ANYTHING to Heidi. She knows it all. There she is! The amazing, "you know Manda, it is 35 mph here" and "usually there is a cop that sits here" Kathi who probably saved me from a few tickets that day! THANK YOU Kathi for singing a million songs in the car with Grace, answering all her questions and telling me where I needed to go, because you know I had NO clue. :) The kids love you and so do I. SNACKS! To get a few more wiggles out before the drive home, we went to the play area at Bellevue Square. Bellis Fair could learn a few things from them . . . HA! Maya in the fun mirror!My sweet, sweet Gracie girl. This was EXCITING. No really, EXCITING. Grace's first drink from a coffee place . . . a vanilla milk. We even had to take the cup home and drink out of it for awhile, before I could finally sneak it into the garbage after a few days. Love Heidi's description on her blog of this picture, "One of my favs. Drunk off of vanilla milk and overjoyed with happiness. Pretty much sums up the day."

Heidi and Maya,

THANK YOU for such a fun day. We WILL be coming down again soon for another adventure. We love you and miss you and can't wait to play again.

Love,

The DeHoogs

1 comment:

Kathi said...

It was a great day and thanks for letting me come along. It was so great to get to spend time with Grace and Vince. Now, I think Grace will know who I am when she sees me--Maya's Grandma!

Love you all,
Kathi

Watch those speed limits!!