Sunday, March 20, 2011

He's got the whole world in HIS hands.

The LEPRECHAUNS got us on Thursday morning! The table and chairs were tipped over and the toilet water was GREEN . . . but luckily some gold coins fell out of their pockets along the way. We decided to try and trap them with some cookies and marshmallows before we left to visit Grandma DeHoog . . . but when we came back, they had turned the cookies GREEN!And our milk too!I cannot tell you how much JOY it gives me that Grace is finally old enough for all of this silly holiday fun . . . I didn't teach first grade because I loved all the shoe-tying and snot. They laughed at all my corny knock-knock jokes and LOVED all the decorations and nonsense that goes along with each holiday . . . and now my Gracie girl finally GETS IT!

And yes, she is wearing a life jacket. Since fishing time is drawing near, Tom's sister gave us a few life jackets her kids had outgrown and Grace has worn hers every day since. I hope she knows she can't wear it to church tomorrow. We've been spending lots of time with Tom's family . . . haven't had my camera out too much, but last night we had the FIRST fire of the season up at Russ and Angie's. Grace told Uncle Russy it was the BEST FIRE EVER. Grace DEMANDS to wear this coat every time we are outside at Russ and Angie's . . . it is one of Maddie's old ones from when she was little and Grace calls it the "clown coat."What? You don't have a hot-dog contraption like this to roast your wieners?Tom hasn't been home for this many days in a loooooooong time . . . and this little girl is GLUED to her Daddy's side. HE'S GOT THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS . . . this is one of Grace's favorite songs to sing lately. For some reason, the radio wasn't on in the car while we were driving today, and I could hear Grace quietly singing, "He's got Grandpa Hoagie, in His hands, He's got Grandpa Hoagie, in His hands, He's got Grandpa Hoagie, in His hands, He's got the whole world in His hands."

So quiet. So sweet. So RIGHT ON.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, so sweet. I bet you had a big lump in your throat as you listened to her! Sounds like some seriously fun shananigans - I'd like a heads up the day before each holiday with all your plans, so that I can cheat off of you and take them for myself! What's up your sleeve for April Fool's Day?