I am STILL pregnant and NO you won't be seeing any pictures of me. :)
At the beginning of this pregnancy I thought it might be nice to let things happen naturally and see what it felt like to actually go into labor on my own since I was induced with Grace at 37 weeks . . . but it's easy to think that when you're not 40 weeks pregnant, and although I'm feeling as good as can be expected I'm tired and ready to be done. And the crazy dreams that seem to pop up during the first trimester have also returned. Last week I had an entirely too realistic dream during which I was unable to make it to my own delivery (try to wrap your brain around that concept) and somehow in my absence Tom allowed them to pierce the baby's ears at the hospital. I was irate! Clearly, it's time to have this baby so that my mental health can be restored. I just don't have the time to worry about the nurses at the hospital trying to poke holes in my newborn's ears and get up every two hours during the night to go to the bathroom. So, unless something happens before then . . . we're set to go in Friday morning to be induced.
And to our sweet baby . . .
I can't believe you are almost here! The past nine months have flown by and now here we are, just a few days before you are going to make your grand entrance into this world. I can't wait to meet you . . . to finally see your beautiful face, to hold you in my arms, and to kiss your tiny hands. I am so anxious to get to know you. To learn what your personality is like, to discover who God created you to uniquely be. I am both nervous and excited about becoming a mama to two little peanuts. How will it be different than being a mama to just your big sister? Speaking of Miss Grace, I can't wait to see you two together. I pray that God gives you a special bond and love for each other right from the very beginning. I know that it will probably be rough at first, but my hope is that you will become not just siblings but good friends. May God keep you safe and strong until I hold you in my arms.
I love you!
Love,
Mama
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm hoping you get labor going on your own. Having done an induction first and then on my own the second time I highly encourage the natural labor! Can't wait to see pics of the newest baby DeHoog!!
Why, no you are not pregnant! Can't wait for you to update the blog so we can hear the story of how crazy fast you had your baby boy! Hope the adjustment is going well for you.
Vincent Thomas DeHoog
8 pounds 15 oz
21 1/2 inches long
May 26,2010 at 6:18 pm
Vince, Vinne or Vincent
Love that little rascal
Grandma Jones
Wow, 5 hours after you posted this you gave birth!!! That is amazing! I can't wait to hear all about it! So excited for you all! Yay, a boy!!! Grace will do a fabulous job being a good big sis! Baby Vincent will adore Grace!!!
So glad he is here! I meant to email you earlier this week. I had noticed the baby ticker on your page reading you were 39 weeks. I couldn't believe how quickly the time past. Also, I was praying for you Friday morning. I was unaware that your sweet baby boy had arrived. I was thinking you were on your way in to be induced that day! We love you guys! We so can't wait to meet the newest member of the DeHoog Family!!!
Post a Comment