You're growing so fast and learning so many things and wasn't it just yesterday you smiled at me for the first time which made me burst into a puddle of hormonal and exhausted tears? Didn't you only JUST learn how to sit up on your own? If it weren't for pictures I would swear it were true. I love this age you are at. If I could I would bottle it and keep it forever because you are just so much fun. You crack us up every single day with your goofy antics and silly questions and observations. But as much as I want to freeze time right this very second, I can't wait to watch you find your passions . . . I'm giddy at being able to help you grow and learn and seek and explore. Seeing you achieve something you've worked so hard at for the first time fills me with pride and I know there is much more to come. So while my heart silently breaks when you suddenly look like A Girl some mornings and not A Toddler, I'm still okay with it. It's a joy and a downright privilege to be your guide on this crazy journey . . . the big stuff and the day to day minutiae filled with adventures here and there. You are my sweet baby girl. My heart.
Some funny things from the last week or so . . .
I started washing the baby boy stuff I had from when you were born and you scooped it up and went and snuggled on our bed . . . you kept asking me, "for our brother Mommy?"
As much as you love pigs and chickens and cows and tractors . . . you LOVE to be a princess too . . . "TA DAAAAAA Mommy!"
Saturday morning I told you we were going to Grandma's to visit . . . this is all the "stuff" you gathered up to go . . . "I ready Mommy!"
4 comments:
Glad to see she already knows not to leave home without her camera! :0)
I love your post, and mostly I love knowing that 20 years from now, Grace gets to look back and read that, and laugh at you because she can't imagine your family before her brother/sister was a part of it!
And yet again Amanda, you have brought tears to my eyes. The things you say about that little one are just so amazing and I love reading it. You are able to put into words what most mothers truly feel, thank you for that.
I cant wait to hear all about the next bundle of DeHoog love!
Enjoy every second of the last few days of this pregnancy because right now that baby is easy, once it is out and you have an almost 2 year old, its not so easy!!!
~Marlea
I've said it before and I'll say it again (and probably MANY more times) you are an amazing mom! I love reading your "notes" to Grace...they make me teary, but your slowly teaching me/preparing me for what it's like to be a mom...(someday!) You are wonderful!
Ditto on Marlea's comments! Reading this brought me back to right before Trey was born and I remember thinking all the same things. Wondering how I could ever love another baby as much as I loved my Abby-girl. Feeling so guilty that she was no longer going to be the sole receiver of our attention. And it all worked out better than I ever dreamed!
Post a Comment