Saturday, March 20, 2010

"for the bible tells me so . . . "

Grace and I have been "going the rounds" lately . . . I'm not sure what exactly it is, but we've had LOTS of screaming and crying and not wanting to go to sleep . . . EVER. Not my usual sweet, little peanut.

Just when I'm getting frustrated, she'll start singing "for the bible tells me so" at the top of her lungs . . . the part she knows from Jesus Loves Me and it gets my attitude back in check.

Tom and Grace brought these flowers to me the other night and since it is the first day of SPRING, I made Grace do some posing by them . . . wild hair and all . . . It wasn't long before she started SINGING . . . . "I pick you one Mom" . . . And sleeping . . . this is how she finally crashed the other night. She has been going with Tom to feed the pigs just about every night and I think Tom could tell I needed a break because they were gone a looooooooong time this particular night . . . her pants had poop (either cow or pig I'm not sure) on them so I stripped them off and she was out. Mom, Jen, Grace and I went to the craft show the other night . . . I bet you didn't know I took this picture, Mom! I thought it was so cute how Grace was "helping" Grandma carry her new cradle for the toy room. After fighting a nap all afternoon, she just crawled up in my lap with her baby and fell asleep. Before that we were reading Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb . . . I read the first page, "Hand, hand, fingers, thumb" and she said the next page, "one thumb, one thumb, drumming on a drum" . . . she is killing me with all that she is remembering and saying . . . just ask her about the pigs going swimming the next time you see her. :)

All of these things were just the reminders I needed to be patient and not let her almost-2-year-old sassiness get the best of me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We're fighting that same sassiness over here too! I like to call these days "The best of times, the worst of times."

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the butt shot Amanda - pricesless. Maybe that will inspire me to loose a little weight.

Mom

Megan said...

They definitely learn how to be the boss at this age! I remember how long it took when Abby started using a bed. A week of laying with her till she went to sleep and then a week of extending her crying it out periods (she used to yell for Mama, Daddy, Ice cream, books, Apples!). With Trey I did one day of cry-it-out, no going in, nothing and boom that was all it took! I hate dealing with the manipulation, too hard on the heart! Good luck with Grace....and really, how could you not love a mad-cyring-singing Grace!