Tuesday, February 23, 2010

3 years ago . . .

I wrote my first blog post. It all started with this. LAME, I know.

Reading back to that first blog post 3 years ago got me thinking a lot about this little old blog of mine . . . yes, it is mine. I write it, take care of it and think about it in the middle of the night. When funny things happen with Grace or Tom stares off into space and says "Bo Jackson was so awesome" I get tingly fingers that are just itching to write it down. I write for me. And for Grace and our future kids. And for our families and friends. Most importantly, I try to BE ME . . . but then, I think about the blogosphere, those 800 million something (I'm just guessing) other blogs out there in space. I have my friends blogs who I check daily along with several other completely anonymous strangers who I love to read. The crazy thing is, is that the nifty little counter at the bottom of the blog says there have been over 18,500 hits. 18,500 is a lot. And I know many are family members, but for the others, I am wondering . . . who are you? Why are you here? Do you read for entertainment? Do you read to make fun of me? :) I hope it is the reason that I read other people's blogs . . . to laugh, to cry, to feel a little more normal, to get inspired, to get away from your own life for a few minutes. I really hope those are the reasons.

I once had the counter/reader that told me where people were from and when they looked at my blog. Too creepy, and made me much too self conscious. So I took it off. My counter just counts hits only, so rest in peace.

So . . . I will continue to blog . . . because I am a documentation junkie . . . because I want my kids to have a journal of their lives . . . because I don't want to forget a single moment of this lucky little life I have.

And a funny picture of Grace . . . she does this and says, "Mom, Gracie tricky tricky!"

4 comments:

Dana Lohrer said...

I haven't added a counter on my blog. Maybe I should but I think I would panic about how many "find" the blog.

Thank you for sharing your family stories! I absolutely love reading your blog! Oh I check some days multiple times!

Grace is such a cutie pie!

Oh, tell Tom that Byron agrees that "Bo Jackson was so awesome"!

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

It took me a little while to realize that was JAKE & ALEXANDER in your first post!! Wow, time has flown by, and I thank you for the history you have created for my kids too! WE LOVE YOU! Jen, Jake & Max

Anonymous said...

Tricky tricky!
Grandma

Unknown said...

The Gracester IS tricky-tricky! And you can add Smarty-Smarty too.