Tuesday morning Dennis, JoAnne, Josh, McKinna, Dad, Tom and Dean went on a wild 5 hour boat tour (they were actually in a rubber raft type thing). They surfed waves and got to see the Na Pali coast which isn't accessible by car. Mom, Jen, Grandma and Grandpa went on the same kind of boat, but only for 2 hours and for a much calmer ride. So . . . who's missing? You guessed it-- me and Jake. They don't let pregnant people or babies on them, so Jake and I stayed behind . . . we played in the pool and Jake took a nap. When everyone got back, we ate lunch by the pool and hung out. Later that night we went to Poipu Beach for a weenie roast . . . it was one of my favorite nights . . . we watched the sunset, saw another Monk seal and went in the water.
Jen, Grandpa and Grandma on the boat
A whale!
Chickens, chickens everywhere . . . no, seriously, they roam around EVERYWHERE. Here's a mama and her babies we saw while having our weenie roast at the beach. Wednesday morning Mom and Dad had to listen to the spiel from the condo (to buy or not to buy . . . good thing they didn't take me in there . . . I would have gotten sucked in in an instant!) While they were doing that, Jen and Dean and Tom and I went to Burger King for breakfast . . . the boys had been intrigued by a sign they saw advertising Spam at Burger King. Apparently Hawaiians eat more Spam than anyone else . . . and it's on the menu at Burger King! We hung out by the pool the rest of the day. We went to a Luau in the evening . . . it was kind of cheesy, but an essential part of the Hawaiian experience. :)
Tom enjoying his Spam breakfast (white rice, Spam and eggs) Ewwwww . . . Smith Garden's Tropical Paradise Luau
Mom and Dad . . . see Mom, I really didn't cut off Dad's head!
On the tram taking a tour of the gardens
This one is for you Roach . . . a picture of me!
Roasting the pig
One of my favorite pictures of Jake
I have some thoughts on the new Bachelor (riveting, I know) and need to do a Baby D update and new belly picture (I'm groooooooooooooooooooowing for all those that haven't seen me lately) . . . look for those later this week as well as a final Hawaii post.
1 comment:
Woo Hoo! A picture of you. I give you much props cause I know how much you hate not being behind that camera :)
Post a Comment