Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Vay cay cay . . . part 2

Monday was our first sight-seeing day . . . we drove quite a ways from Poipu which is on the South Shore (where we were staying ) to Kee Beach which is the farthest you can drive North. It was a fun beach . . . the waves were pretty wild so only Dean, Tom, Josh and McKinna were brave enough to go in the water. We saw a Monk Seal on the beach, which is apparently a big deal . . . they are an endangered species and if one comes to shore, they are roped off until they make their way back into the water. On our drive back we ate lunch at Bubba Burgers and then spent the rest of the day around the pool.

The Monk Seal . . . this was a toddler sized oneDad, Tom and Dennis walking down the beachBad picture . . . it's hard to get everyone looking at the same time!Grandma and GrandpaThe rest of the gangSee why I didn't go in the water?Eating lunchPlaying in the poolHanging out on the patio . . . I believe Grandma, Grandpa and Mom are on day 2 of their 7-day-in-a-row Chi Chi's (a slushy drink from the bar by the pool)Jake eating some pineapple

That's about it for Monday . . . I keep hoping to do more than one day at a time so I don't drag this out too long, but I'm pooped . . . doesn't take much these days. :)

No comments: