Tuesday, August 28, 2007

the calm before the storm . . .

is what I'm calling today. But I don't mean it in a bad way. I just mean it in a fast-and-furious-insane-hair-on-fire-lots-to-do-and-lots-to-finish kind of way. You know . . . CRAZY. And I love it. Isn't it amazing what all gets done - when it all has to get done? When there is NO time left to procrastinate?

My classroom is ready for 25 first grade friends to walk in tomorrow morning . . . be looking for pictures (hopefully) tomorrow. I love the freshness, the possibilities, the blank slate that came with each new school year. I'm still deciding on my "first day" outfit . . . hopefully I can come up with something super cute to impress all my teacher friends. :) I'm still wondering what happened to summer . . . it went all too quickly . . . although I have nothing to complain about, because our summer ROCKED.

I'll be back this weekend with a recap of everything else that's been going on (non-school related) as I have NOTHING planned for Friday night, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Can you believe it? Tom will be gone fishing and I plan on catching up on the 74 things on the DVR . . . and well, that's pretty much about it. I have been home 1 night out of the last 7 and I am ready for some down time. Anyhoo . . . enough rambling . . . I'll end with a quote I found today . . . hopefully it will keep me inspired all year . . .

Frederick Douglass: "It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men."

No comments: