Thursday, January 28, 2010

the calfies . . .

Every nice afternoon, Grace and I have been walking down to the the farm to visit Tom and get tractor rides and see the calves, kittens and puppy.

Grace always wants Tom to stick his finger in the calf's mouth . . . One of the baby, baby calves (I think it was a week old) was sticking her head in the feed bucket and popping it out . . . Grace thought she was playing peek-a-boo and started playing back. You can see her ducking down in the bottom left picture . . . it was hysterical. She gets braver each time we go and finally yesterday was petting the calves. As I rock her to sleep each night, I talk about everything we did during the day and who we saw. Before I could start last night, she said . . . "calfies, bonk, Kennedy, Grandpa."

Calfies: self explanatory
Bonk: we went and watched Josh wrestle his final home meet last night and she kept saying "bonk" because, well, that's what it looked like they were doing
Kennedy: we didn't see Kennedy yesterday, but Grace says her name lots of times throughout the day (same with all the cousins . . . Jakey, Max, Emily, Jack, Maddie, Teddy, Allie, Aubree and Sean) I think it's wishful thinking on her part that she could see them all every day
Grandpa: we went to Grandma and Grandpa Larson's after the wrestling meet with Mom and Dad and Dennis and JoAnne . . . of course Grandpa Jones gets the mention out of the crew.

I still can't believe my tiny baby speaks in sentences now and can communicate so clearly. I was just asked to, “Sit, mama, right here, by you. Play kitchen – pizza. Please? OK, Grace."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just a few things...

1) We'd like to book Grace as Weston's speech therapist

2) The farm looks like the PERFECT place for her next photoshoot!!1